April 13, 2017

Lunch Time

Cooking with Abigail, apart from her creating desserts, can be a slight challenge since all she really longs for are the sweets.  But in weeks past she has made a dinner of beans and rice by herself and lunch for herself and her siblings. 
 When I tell her that on such a such day she is going to be the cook, what would she like to make, she often wants to go complicated.  It is good for me, and her, to realize some meals can be good and easy and at 6 that is really where we should be at anyway.
I love these lessons.  How to use a knife, read a cookbook, prepare a meal in plenty of time before everyone is starving, and feeling proud of what is placed on the table.  What a good little student I have.  

No comments:

Tree Disaster of 2017

We had quite the tree drama this year.  After years and years of real trees from the woods I was done with the needles.  DONE.  Last year A...