March 24, 2017

Comes Back Around

When I was a child, my mother found my father sitting in a pile of puzzle pieces.  I had taken it upon myself that evening to dump out every single wooden puzzle we had and he was trying to put them all back together.

Well, I have heard that when you are a parent you learn all the pain your parents went through, personally.  We had friends over for dinner the other night and Naomi was super happy in the school room.  When Josh went to check on her we found that she had used that uninterrupted time to dump out every single wood puzzle, card game, dice game, shape game, magnet game and more into one big bin.
Yes, it is true.  You don't know what it is like to be a parent until you are one!  Many thanks to my parents for letting me make it to adulthood so I could experience this wonderful lesson.


1 comment:

Mother said...

But you didn't add the rest of that long ago story--upon finding your weary dad trying hard to place the right piece in the right place, I simply said, "Don't bother. Call in the puzzle girl and SHE will be able to assemble them in minutes!" And you know the end--all puzzles were complete and stacked in the rack in no time! {Much to the surprise of your dad. :-) } Of course, Naomi's mess was far more involved with card games and dice and all. Whew!!