February 14, 2017

What Do You See?

When the kids get antsy one of my "go to" projects is to put the two big kids on either side of the easel.  I provide the coloring tool of their choice and paper then sit down and tell them a story.  Number one rule, they can't look at each other's work until they are done drawing.  They don't always do this but I really do love how one story can come out in such different images.
This past week the story was:  Once there was a ship with three sails on top of the water.  Under the water were two whales, one squid, one crab, one bike and a lot of seaweed.  

I wish I had taken pictures of the finished projects.  It was great.  Abigail added treasures to the bottom of her ocean.  Ethan added people to his boat with one man hanging on by a rope because, "He is the one that was riding his bike and then fell into the ocean."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are the coolest mom ever! :) Love to you!

Beth

Tree Disaster of 2017

We had quite the tree drama this year.  After years and years of real trees from the woods I was done with the needles.  DONE.  Last year A...