November 7, 2016

Quote Of The Day

In preparing myself for the national vote today I find this quote has stuck with me.  I will do my part.  I will put in my vote.  Then I will live my days as the wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend that I can be.  How I raise my children, face my days and where I find my joy will not change.
Kids and I always sing the Alaskan song on our way to vote.  Practicing today and teaching tomorrow.  No matter the results, I am proud to raise my kids in America where there is a choice.

1 comment:

mother said...

I find it rather depressing that I agree with the tone of your post. Yes, I too will vote. But with a sigh and sense of futility. I would really like to vote in ONE election in my life where I feel a sense of confidence and assurance that the candidate that I am choosing is GREAT--the answer for America's positive future. My feelings toward this election are exactly the opposite. If I did not put my trust in Almighty God and not our government, I'd move off the grid and live in that cabin in the woods I've always had in the back of my mind. My prayer is that God will continue to show mercy to this struggling nation today.

Tree Disaster of 2017

We had quite the tree drama this year.  After years and years of real trees from the woods I was done with the needles.  DONE.  Last year A...