August 18, 2016

Fresh

While the kids and I have been busy with school, garden, playgrounds and swimming Josh has been working.  This is the busy season for him and that is the way it is.  But it is also blueberry season.  Last year we didn't get any just because of Josh's busy schedule.  I have to be honest.  I don't love picking berries.  I don't know why I just don't.  Josh and Abigail, they LOVE it.  So funny.  I am big into preparing and preserving but the picking, sigh.
One Friday night Josh came home and met a wife who was heading out berry picking.  Kids were in bed, the day had been wrapped up but we needed some berries for the winter and this was the week to do it.  Seeing the determination on my face and with the knowledge I was doing something I didn't love, Josh took the buckets and headed out himself.  Lord I do love that man.  Three hours of picking in the rain on Friday night and two hours in the rain again on Saturday.  Josh was happy, and very wet, and I was too as we now have 5 1/2 gallons of berries in the freezer.  What a good team we make.

No comments:

Tree Disaster of 2017

We had quite the tree drama this year.  After years and years of real trees from the woods I was done with the needles.  DONE.  Last year A...