April 26, 2016

On Being An Aunt

My aunts are all wonderful ladies.  I have also loved seeing my sister be an aunt to my children for the past 5 1/2 years.  And after all Hillary has given to me and my kids I now get to give back to her.  My time with Matilda was so super sweet.  A time when I could love her without the obligation to getting the day to day chores done.  As a mother there is always so much to do.  As an aunt my role was to love the child while my sister, the mother, ran around.
And to make my visit to NJ all the more special my dear aunt came for one afternoon to visit.  She lives in New York but came down to see Hillary and I, as well as Matilda, and brought us lunch.
As I said yesterday, it was such a special time I will never take for granted as long as I live.  This week away from my daily obligations to relax, serve, love and in turn be loved so greatly as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it was amazing we had that time at this stage of our lives. thank you for all you did for me that week!

hxriley said...

What a beautiful day together!!!!
So glad you Kathleen you had the chance to spend just uninterrupted time with your sister and little niece...

The first pic of Matilda it looks like she's striking a pose ;)