March 8, 2016

Thoughts On Taxes

Every summer when our property assessment comes in the mail from the borough I sigh.  More taxes to pay.  And really, how does a house that doesn't change go down in value but the taxes always go up? I don't know but I do know come September those taxes are due to the borough and that is what we have to do.
 But you know what, as much as I sigh at that bill I try to never complain.  
 Instead I think of all the visits the kids and I make to the library and how I feel safe at night knowing the fire department is on call.
 I am confident that Josh is going to be able to get to work in the morning because the roads have been maintained
 and I take advantage of getting to hold my daughter's hand as we skate the new 1/2 mile ice skating loop at Tanana Lakes.
No, paying one's taxes is never a fun thing.  Yet, knowing you live in a community that puts those taxes to work, so that our family can go out and have fun in the March sunshine, is a wonderful thing indeed.

1 comment:

mother said...

Nice perspective on taxes. And the skating pics are really good. Looks like fun.