January 1, 2016

Goals for 2016


As in the past, I have written out my goals for the new year on the blog.  I then have the chance to look back at them through the year and see just where I was in my year, if my goals were the same, and if I was accomplishing what I had set out to do. I am happy to do this again.

Kathleen’s Goals for 2016
(In no particular order)

Raise my own hive of bees.  Super nervous/scared about this but want to give it a try.

Start homeschool kindergarden for Abigail in the fall.

Where I am stronger going into 2016 then I was in 2015 I am not necessarily healthier.  I would like to work on this and run the Midnight Sun Run during summer solstice this year.

Pay off our truck and start saving for our next big financial dreams.

Get out and camp/bike/hike as a family in new places this summer.

Go spend time in Alaska's public use cabins.

Meet my new niece and support my sister as she enters motherhood in whatever why she needs.

Josh would like to get involved in a local Folk School here in Fairbanks.  I would like to support him in this even if it takes him away from home more.

Potty train Naomi.  No diapers - what a thought.

My best friend who now lives in North Carolina is moving back to Alaska.  Granted she is moving 750 miles away, but we are so excited to be in the same state again.  This year I want to be intentional about connecting with her, as much as possible.  750 miles (on road and ferry - she is moving to an island) is far but a lot closer then North Carolina.

Ethan can write his name but ABC's need some work.  Be intentional about preschool / sit down work with him.

Last summer Josh and I wrote out family goals.  The top of the list was to be intentional and dynamic with the kids, our marriage, our faith and our lives.  We found this is very wonderful and tiring at the same time.  But regardless we want to hold fast to this as the umbrella goal going into 2016 in all we do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very intentional list of goals.
Good job.
H

mother said...

Placing goals on paper and then showing them to your world of blog followers causes such accountability. I respect that.