December 29, 2015

Gifts Made In 2015

This Christmas was a mix of sewing, knitting and learning new crafts to create our gifts.  
Baskets were on the top of the list.  They were made and filled and personalized with a variety of homemade jams, garden pesto, blueberry syrup, muffins, goods from Texas, knit items and such for family, friends, teachers, librarians and more.
A "this and that" blanket was knit for my sister.  Made from the ends of my rolls of yarn.  It turned out so well and she loves it.  Yeah.
I made my first quilted project from a pattern by making this table runner for a friend.  Love how it turned out and the confidence it gave me that I can make something that maybe lines up.
Since it is projects like this tree skirt that I usually make.  I have an idea and I go with it without any pattern to go off of except for something in my mind.  This was also made for my sister and delivered early for Christmas so they would have it for decorating their tree this year.
I had made the one wreath at home but like the project enough that I made another for a friend.  When I made mine I used a base of just wire.  For my friend I used a straw base and it turned out much fuller.  

This christmas I also made a cover for Josh's drill press and three aprons for a friend's kids.  I don't have pictures of any of those.  Add to it the jam and pesto that was made this summer/fall in preparation of the season and I feel pretty good about this year.  I love making gifts for people, the hardest part is coming up with the ideas of what to make.  Any suggestions for next year???  It is never too early to start.

3 comments:

mother said...

Such a very clever girl. It is so special to receive handmade gifts.

mother said...

Such a very clever girl. It is so special to receive handmade gifts.

Anonymous said...

My too projects were big successes! Mother thinks you are a "Very clever girl" two times! Very impressive!
I can't believe you did that tree skirt with no pattern!
H