November 12, 2015

The Struggle Of Packing

Suitcases have been out in our house recently.  The kids and I are gearing up for a big trip south to visit family.  But packing for a group of four has had its challenges.

My older kids are now old enough to have strong opinions on what to bring and there has been quite the tears over this shirt, those shoes, and why oh why can I not bring my entire train set to Grandma's house.

Along with putting out those flames as I fold and sort clothes I find myself packing and repacking and repacking and repacking the suitcases.  Not because I am unsure of what to bring.  Nope it is just because each time I turn my back my little quiet one year old has found great joy in unpacking each item I have crossed off my list.
People often ask how I am feeling about the long flights ahead with the kids by myself.  All I can say is, it is going to be a miracle if we get to the airport on time at this rate.  Traveling with little people, not matter how many you have, is always an adventure for sure.  The kind that makes you want to go on vacation after your vacation! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You made it! What a fun relief to be be home and know you did the trip with such success!
Welcome home!

Tree Disaster of 2017

We had quite the tree drama this year.  After years and years of real trees from the woods I was done with the needles.  DONE.  Last year A...