November 26, 2015

An Attitude of Gratitude

Happy Thanksgiving Today.

Our family has been working on having a stronger attitude of gratitude this year.  Each morning during our devotion we write down what we are thankful for.  I try so hard not to dictate what the kids say and only ask for something different if it has been the same thing over and over again.  And after the kids say what they are thankful for it is my turn.  I have never ever been one to find it hard to give thanks but each day I try to grab something meaningful to that day.  I have been surprised to find how hard that can sometimes be.  Not being the once a year list of things I usually mention, but each and every day.  And for that I am thankful!  That need to see life as the gift from God that it is each day of the year not just today.  

But even as I say that I am in a warm and dry home, surrounded by family, eating good food, laughing, enjoying, resting and being able to work.  For all these things I am extremely grateful indeed.

No comments:

Tree Disaster of 2017

We had quite the tree drama this year.  After years and years of real trees from the woods I was done with the needles.  DONE.  Last year A...