July 31, 2015

Friday - Homestead Update

This week has been a mix of sun and crazy rains.  Each time I go to the garden I really don't think there is going to be much due to the rain but how surprised I have been.  We have processed all of the main heads of broccoli and are now enjoying the side shoots for dinners.  The cauliflower has become large enough to start to eat and the romanesco is not far behind.  The green beans are pulling their weight in producing and I have started canning this week (with a little help of course).  And lets talk about zucchini...after getting almost none last year I promised to never mind a large production year and that I will stick too.  We are getting a lot and loving it all.
Tomaotes, peas, carrots, cucumbers too - ahh we are full and thankful for this garden season.

No comments:

Tree Disaster of 2017

We had quite the tree drama this year.  After years and years of real trees from the woods I was done with the needles.  DONE.  Last year A...