May 11, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

Mother's Day.  What a fun time for all.
 Josh did an amazing job at leading this little band of kids in honoring me all day.   How thankful I am for each of these children that have made me a mom.  
When asked what I really wanted out of today I realized I just wanted to relax and play with the kids.  No time to worry about the chores and jobs of life.
 Yes the garden needed work, the house needed cleaning and on and on.  But instead of that Josh took over the most needed chores and stepped up to make us breakfast and dinner.
 And me, I got to play.  I have been wanting to do this craft where the kids take cars/trucks, drive them through paint and then create with the tires covered in paint.  Sounded like a good idea.
 But with my kids it only lasted about two minutes before the game turned into painting with their bodies instead.
Seeing the mess I put water in a tub on the deck to wash their feet before Josh's dinner and next thing I knew a full blown bath was taking place on the deck, in May.  And you know what, through it all I laughed, played and enjoy each moment.  To sit, play, talk, hug, be bounced upon, clung too, and loved, that was my mother's day and I am so very thankful indeed.

3 comments:

mother said...

A happy mother on mother's day--the prefect combination!! Looks like EVERYONE was happy.

Heather said...

I LOVE THIS POST!!! So glad you had a beautiful Mother's Day for a beautiful momma! The photos are WONDERFUL!! My favorite is all the kiddos in/around the tub. Boy, that thing has gotten some good use. adorable!!! Seeing the paint on the deck activity has made me want to try it.

Anonymous said...

You deserve the BEST DAY EVER! for mother's day- you are a bomb of a mom ;-)

H