April 8, 2015

When Worry Wasn't Necessary

When Ethan was small I worried so much that he wouldn't be a reader.  He NEVER ever wanted to sit and read a book.  I remembered Abigail sitting much better at a smaller age and I worried about Ethan.  I learned that I didn't want to force sitting for a book but then you read all the studies about reading to your child and it made me worry yet again.
Well, I am happy to say that those worries were in vain.  This little boy loves to read and can be found with a stack of books often.  The sight is one I never get tired of at all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hard not to compare kids- but I guess that is a good lesson to remember!
H

heath said...

Ethan soaking it all up. Isn't it nice to see our little ones sitting ALONE and truly just being content...enjoying something in their own quiet moment. I love that....and look at all that soil in the background :)