April 16, 2015

My Growing Bag Lady

I was at a meeting on Saturday regarding parenting/education and such.  One thing that has stuck with me was something a friend said.  Looking back at her four grown children, all pursuing very different things in life, she remarked that what they are doing now is just bigger expansions of what they all loved when they were in first and second grade.
 And then I thought of this picture.  My little bag lady.  This girl loves to pack a bag, or five, a cart, stroller, purse and lunch box all at once and then move them around the house.  It is amazing how fast she can empty a toy box or her special place.  Now when she has to put things back - that takes forever, but the "always room for a little more" saying is one of her favorite thoughts.
Takes me back to this picture of my miss Abigail when she was just two.  A budding bag/grocery cart lady.  With age has come strength and with strength has come the ability to carry more bags.  Now the question this leads to - what life skill does this show me and what profession would benefit from these exceptional skills?  Only time will tell.

5 comments:

mother said...

And Anna is in the shopping cart both times!!!! I think she'll be a mother! And an awesome one!

Anonymous said...

This post is HILARIOUS! I was thinking the same thing... what profession would this skill benefit from! haha. I LOVE this post!
H

Anonymous said...

This is my favorite post ever!
H

mother said...

I clearly remember little girls with lunch boxes and tote bags and back packs and miniature purses all FILLED with doll clothes and fake food and dishes and hair ties and toys and ...

heath said...

Flight attendant for Alaska Airlines??? Such cute pictures of her...