March 12, 2015

Learning the Basics

We love to play games around here.  Now that Ethan plays games with us we have a lot of family time in the evenings ending our day with a game.  Up to this point we have mainly played board games.  Recently we ventured into card games as well.  
 As we played Go, Go Fish (as the kids like to call it) the other night it once again struck me at all we have to learn in life.  Josh was teaching Abigail how to shuffle and deal.  It was confusing, easily messed up and hard to stay focused at times making sure everyone had a pile of five cards before we could play.  Each day kids have to learn so much.  How easy it is to start to take things for granted.  Recently I have found myself talking to the kids and then stopping myself and asking them if they even know what the words are that I am saying.  
But luckily they forgive me for expecting a lot from them and I am reminded to take it easy, they are still learning.  Plus, games help to keep things fun and the sound of Ethan's little voice saying Go, ISH always makes me smile.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have such a cute growing family~

H

mother said...

The hardest part is trying to manage big cards in little hands. She'd doing a great job there.

Heather said...

sweet family time..I love that you are ending the days with this together time ;) I know the kids must LOVE it!! Tried UNO yet?

Heather said...

sweet family time..I love that you are ending the days with this together time ;) I know the kids must LOVE it!! Tried UNO yet?