July 11, 2014

Our Shrubbery

 Seven years ago when we were just putting in the foundation of our house I found a beautiful lilac bush that someone was going to throw away.  I took that dug up bush, loaded it into my friend's truck and then planted it in a shallow hole I dug on our new land.
Since then this beautiful lilac bush has grown and grown but it has never ever produced a single lilac.  Thus instead of being called a lilac bush we have always talked about it as the shrubbery.
So you can imagine my joy when I saw this itty bitty small lilac blossom the other day.  We have no idea why it has not produced any for seven years and so we also have no idea why one suddenly sprouted this summer but it does make me happy to see.




1 comment:

mother said...

I'll admit I had to look twice at the shrubbery to see the spot of purple on the branch, but it IS a most positive sign!

Tree Disaster of 2017

We had quite the tree drama this year.  After years and years of real trees from the woods I was done with the needles.  DONE.  Last year A...