May 9, 2014

This Happened

In the past two weeks something pretty big and exciting has been happening at our house.  I haven't shared any news of it until now because well, I just wasn't sure how it was going to go.  But I do believe I am now free to share the news.
 Ethan has been potty trained.  There is still a lot of work since he needs help pulling those big boy underpants up and down but he is doing great.  He lets us know when he needs to go and is already learning that sitting on the potty is a great way out of being somewhere he doesn't want to be (carseat, dinner table, time out-you get the gist).  I had originally not planned on venturing down this road until the baby was born and partially grown but our boy had other plans.  He was ready.  I think my biggest fear as a mom who has to potty train her kids is that I will miss the "window."  If you are a parent you know exactly what I mean.  Oh there were certainly days when I wanted to give up but our boy knew what was going on and he was ready for it.  I have to say even though week one did provide a lot of laundry I think it is great that I haven't washed a load of diapers in 2 1/2 weeks.
Yeah, our little boy is growing up and I am so proud of him.  There is really nothing cuter to me than seeing him in big boy underpants and he knows it.

**this post is dedicated to those who did know what was going on at our house and for all the encouragement given to Ethan and to me**

3 comments:

mother said...

WAY TO GO!!! Ethan in little boy underpants at 20 months!! And a few brief weeks of no diapers for Mama before the new one starts. But, oh those sweet TINY newborn diapers are sooooooo cute.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Kathleen! What a great accomplishment! He is so cute!

Anonymous said...

YAY- it is official and just in time for a new set of diapers. So happy you won't be washing TWO kids diapers each day. That is a blessing worth working for. Good Job MOM!