March 26, 2014

So much to learn.

The other day while the kids and I were outside sledding and goofing around (to give Kathleen a bit of a break), Abigail wanted to take a walk through the woods.  We happened upon an interesting cluster of trees and she wanted to know what they were.  I am happy to say that I actually knew what they were.  Diamond Willow.  There is probably some weird latin name for it but I don't know that much.  What I do know is that this is the largest one I have ever seen.  Once the bark is peeled and the wood carved some of the diamonds could be cleaned up to look very nice.  If I was feeling adventurous I might harvest it for a nice table or bed frame. Instead it will get the opportunity to grow even bigger.  Then who knows what we could create out of it. 

1 comment:

hxriley said...

Very cool! I've never heard of this tree. Did the kids try and squeeze in between the trees and play??