February 4, 2014

Watching A Movie

We don't watch many movies at our house.  The kids get a little bit of sesame street or curious george during morning snack but a real movie is kept for special days.  Well, a while back Abigail was at the store and didn't listen to her dad.  With that he declared a week of NO MOVIES.  To this he also included their small dose of sesame street/curious george.  Our girl was heart broken.  SHE LOVES A MOVIE.  I too love my 20 minutes of getting work down while they snack in the morning but a rule is a rule and we were going to stick to it.  Each day that included no movies the questions of "why" came up and we once again talked about how important it was to listen to daddy.  
One morning during this week, while we were getting breakfast ready, I look over and see Abigail sitting on a bin of flour from the pantry.  She was sitting perfectly still staring at the mirror at the other end of the living room.  After a bit I stop my preparations and come sit next to her on the bin she provided for me.  I ask just what we are doing.  She states as seriously as can be, "I am watching a movie."  I look at the image of the two of us in the mirror and can't help but laugh when she calmly states, "don't worry it is coming, we just have to wait."  Lucky for her in just a few days the punishment was lifted and she once again enjoyed a movie.  The break was good for all of us but best for her imagination for sure!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is HILARIOUS! I love that post!
H

mother said...

How very cute!!! I'll bet she saw "Bobbity Boo" sitting patiently waiting in her mirror movie. What thoughts that sweet girl has!!!

heath said...

oh sweet abigail....she's such a funny and patient girl ;)
and KUDOS to momma for sticking it out and supporting your hubby..i know it was hard at times (the part about not having your 20 mins)

mother said...

YOU MIGHT WANT TO REMIND JOSH TO PICK A PUNISHMENT THAT DOESN'T PUNISH THE MAMA AS WELL AS THE PERPETRATOR (ie Abigail).

Tree Disaster of 2017

We had quite the tree drama this year.  After years and years of real trees from the woods I was done with the needles.  DONE.  Last year A...