January 2, 2014

For My SIster

Earlier this year my sister heard me talking about how I tend to keep all of my scraps from my sewing.  Thus, I have a lot of scraps.  To this she asked that I would make her a quilt, just from the scraps I had in the house.
And so for Christmas I did just that.  The only thing purchased for this project was thread.  Even the backing was a spare queen sized blanket that we had.  I finished this quilt in November but couldn't share it here until now since I needed to wait until she had seen it for herself.  It is an unique quilt for sure but she loves it and for that I am glad.

6 comments:

lindajo said...

I am so glad you posted the quilt? I really wanted to see it! H will feel your love for her everytime she uses it.

heath said...

made with love..great job!!!

mother said...

And I think the idea that many squares are 3-D is so cool. Pockets, ruffles and trim stick out and add dimension and interest. Unlike any others I have seen. So creative and unique. Great job!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the quilt. I love all the pieces and all the stories and all the projects that the little scraps missed out on being a part of. I love that Poppy's flannel shift is in it and old curtains from our house growing up and a skirt that I handed down to my sister years ago. It is warm and colorful and beautiful and wonderful!
H

Beth said...

I think it's awesome! I echo your mom and Hill's comments - I love the 3D aspects and the story/stories the quilt tells. You have inspired me! Maybe I will give some of my scraps a try.... :)

Beth said...

I echo your mom and Hill's comments. I love the 3D aspects and the story/stories your quilt tells! You have inspired me - maybe I will give some of my scraps a new life. :)

Big Monuments

A lot of big things have been happening at this house.  Last week we had all of our 1/2 birthdays and real birthdays and that filled our da...