March 14, 2013

When Not At Home

I mentioned on Tuesday's post that when I am with family, mine or Josh's, I try and let some things go. This is very hard but I work to remember it is only for a few days.  As her Popeye said the whole time we were there, since I am her grandpa I can spoil her a little as he brought a box of 24 fudgesicles home 1/2 way through our 10 day visit.
That being said, I had to document for Abigail her after nap snack at Grandma's house.  A fudgesicle and a brownie.  If she ever complains at home that I don't let her have "fun" food I can show her this picture and remind her that even if I didn't give it to her, I didn't stop her from eating it either.  Going home from vacation means time changes but it also means sugar withdrawal it seems.  

5 comments:

mother said...

And unfortunately the leftover ones are still here, though I am doing my best and eating them--haha.

heather said...

You can send Abigail down to our house ANY DAY to eat the 'fun & colorful' cereals :) I think I turned out okay for it :) hehe

heath said...

She's loving every lick and taste isn't she :) Sweeeeeeeet!

Kathleen Klynstra said...

Yes, Aunt Heather. Your influence with her first McDonald's visit is good for now:-)

heath said...

at least she didn't like McDonalds...well except for the apple slices :)

Tree Disaster of 2017

We had quite the tree drama this year.  After years and years of real trees from the woods I was done with the needles.  DONE.  Last year A...