March 19, 2013

Life's Unexpected Joys

I love my sister very much but there is a slight problem.  She lives in New Jersey and I live in Alaska.  She has a very busy job and I have two little kids.  Our lives are very different but also connected as two sisters can be as far apart as we are.  
The last time we were together was the fall of 2011.  We often talk of when we can see each other again and the answer is sometime in the far future.  Well, that was the answer until Saturday morning.  Sometimes life changes and when they change a little bit good things can happen.  For us this change in my sister's life means that today she is on a plane flying north for a week long visit with us.  We booked this ticket less than four days ago.  Oh how fun to be spontaneous.  We can barely hold our excitement as we wait for her plane to arrive.  Lets have the fun begin.

2 comments:

mother said...

Yay-yay-yay!!! Three cheers for sisterhood! Grows even sweeter as the years go by, doesn't it?

heath said...

I'm so happy for the two of you....I can only hope that my girls have the love, laughter, and friendship that you two have! Go get a milkshake!

Tree Disaster of 2017

We had quite the tree drama this year.  After years and years of real trees from the woods I was done with the needles.  DONE.  Last year A...