March 8, 2013

Coconut Oatmeal Berry Muffins

Yesterday I made a new batch of the gluten free muffins that we love.  It reminded me that several people had asked for the recipe.  Here it is.  I hope if you choose to make these you love them like we do.

Coconut Oatmeal Berry Muffins
(makes 12 muffins)

3/4 cup canned coconut milk
1/2 cup orange juice
4 eggs
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 cups almond meal (with using my own I always grind it in the magic bullet first)
1 cup oat flour (grind oatmeal in the magic bullet/food processor)
3 tbsp coconut flour
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup frozen blueberries

Directions:
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees
-Whisk eggs until smooth.  Add milk, oj and maple syrup and stir.  
-Add oat flour, almond meal, coconut flour and stir until smooth
-Let stand a few minutes (this is needed for the coconut flour)
-Right before baking add the baking soda and stir. 
-Lastly, fold in the blueberries, still frozen.
-Put in greased muffin tins
-Bake for 30 minutes

No comments:

Tree Disaster of 2017

We had quite the tree drama this year.  After years and years of real trees from the woods I was done with the needles.  DONE.  Last year A...