February 13, 2013

My Bed Bugs

Ethan has a tendency to wake up in the morning when Josh is getting ready to go to work.  Since I don't have to worry about keeping Josh awake, I bring Ethan into bed with me to nurse and lounge until Abigail wakes up.
Once our girl gets up and goes potty her favorite thing is to run into my room and climb into bed to give Ethan a morning hug.  I took this quick picture the other morning to remember this time.  The way these kids are excited to greet the day and each other.  All the things that will happen in the day are still before them and life is good.  I really am learning from them both to let the cares of the previous day and night fall away and to find joy in the blank slate that is ready to be filled with endless possibilities.

5 comments:

mother said...

Good post. Good picture. Good philosophy.

heath said...

what a sweet sweet picture!! we have so so much to learn from our little ones!

mother said...

Boy-except for the fatter cheeks, those two sure do look alike!

Anonymous said...

Ditto to what mother said...
H

Beth said...

That is a really great, fresh perspective! Kids really do begin each day with a blank slate. I ought to take a page out of that book.... :)