February 20, 2013

Finding Joy In The Kitchen


Sometimes I find the to do list on my white board never ends, the winter days are always cold and the sun just doesn't seem like it will rise before the kids wake up ever again.  And then I stop and realize that I have to relish the everyday joys all around me if I am to really and truly make it through the winter days before us.
Joys that occur in the kitchen where things are bright (thanks to the new happy light Josh bought us), new smells and warmth come from the oven and all the being prepared is tasted and enjoyed.  
Yes, these days will go fast and the long days of summer will be here before we know it.  May your days be filled with smiles, warmth and good creations that may also bring you joy.  I know it is making all the difference for me.

No comments:

Tree Disaster of 2017

We had quite the tree drama this year.  After years and years of real trees from the woods I was done with the needles.  DONE.  Last year A...