February 4, 2013

Baby Wearing

I love wearing my kids.  Surprising to me, I do believe I wore Abigail a lot more than I wear Ethan.  I think it is just because I am bending and chasing Abigail a lot so he gets set down more and I just don't take the initial time needed to put on the moby wrap.
 But before you feel too bad for Ethan, please know he does get carried quite a bit.  It is something he loves and I love doing for him.  The moby wrap really is a life saver when it comes to Ethan.  Due to his weight it really hurts me to just carry him in my arms all day but with the moby he can be strapped on and thus becomes part of my core, much easier on my back!
Well, like everything, every time I put Ethan in the moby Abigail watches me.  The other day when Ethan was getting a ride she kept wanting me to put her baby doll in with Ethan.  Since that wouldn't work well for any party I decided to help Abigail wear her baby herself.  My widest and longest scarf did the trick and even though it wasn't a "moby" type hold it worked as a sling.  This little girl of mine wore her baby for most of the morning while I wore mine.  What a fun time we had doing our chores together.

3 comments:

heath said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS POST!!! You are the best..and that scarf even looks like it matches your orange moby...

Now, if only I could learn to love mine...you can help me in less than a week :)

heath said...

did you make her dress?? so cute!

Kathleen Klynstra said...

The dress is a nightgown passed down from her cousin. She has two and when she found them in the box of 2t clothes she fell in love. I still make her wear pants and shirts underneath but this way she wears a dress pretty much every day, ha ha