January 18, 2013

Together

Abigail and Ethan really do love each other.  My mother commented the other day that she was surprised that even after four months Abigail would be so excited about "her" baby, but she is.  In the mornings, when he gets up from a nap and when they play during the day she loves to be near him.
Now that Ethan is starting to play with toys Abigail find it her big sister duty to be there to help him figure each new thing out. 
 Abigail also loves the "new" toys that have come out of the closet for Ethan.  Whenever he is enjoying his time on his activity mat Abigail is sure to join him.  She loves to hug him, kiss him and show him how his sun sings.  She likes to show him how to dance and is disappointed when we remind her that Ethan can't yet jump with her yet.  
And even when Abigail decides to play with her own toys she is always near her little brother.  I love to watch them together.  I know they will not always get along but how thankful I am that these two have each other.  


4 comments:

mother said...

Very dear. May the ALWAYS be loving and kind to one another.

Anonymous said...

I love A's little cross legged pose while reading her book.H

H

heath said...

so very very sweet! A is such a wonderful big sister...

I'm glad you're able to keep his playmat/toys out b/c I remember there was a time when it only came out during A's nap time...

PS the more I see pics of this exersaucer, makes me want to get one for GA

Kathleen Klynstra said...

The exersaucer is my number 1 baby item in this house. Loved it for Abigail and love it for Ethan. Great thing for Ethan is that it does keep in a place "safe" from Abigail. She loves to stand on the outside and puts toys on the tray for him to play with.