December 20, 2012

Tis The Season - Christmas Books

So I know these pictures are not the best quality but I love each one for what they represent.  One of my favorite part of Christmas and family tradition is the times spent reading Christmas stories.
 I do have quite the selection and have added to that by picking new ones up at the library off and on all month.  Mornings, afternoons and evenings find us piled together on the couch to read another story.
 And the result of that time together is seen throughout the rest of the day in Abigail's play.  When I am not able to read to her I have found her picking through the Christmas book selection and sharing it with Anna, Elmo and...
Her baby brother.  Oh, how I wish this picture had come out clear but regardless of its horrible quality I love it still.  As Abigail shows each picture in the book to Ethan he just smiles, coos and encourages her to keep "reading".  I just hope that I can take a picture like this, these siblings together happily, each year.

4 comments:

lindajo said...

Totally love this blog. You are doing such an awesome job of teaching A and E to love spending time together and to love each other. Blessings for years to come!

Beth said...

Oh my goodness, AWESOME picture!! I love it!

mother said...

How fantastic that she is reading to Ethan and showing him the pictures! There is the beginning of a lifelong friendship for sure!

heath said...

such sweet sweet moments!! love this kathleen! does A have a favorite christmas story???
C's fav is the night before christmas..she puts her finger (up) her nose instead of on the side and nods when Santa does in the story