November 9, 2012

2 and 23


Ethan

Weight:  13 lbs 12 oz
Height:  24 inches

Our little man is growing and is not so little any more.  At two months old he is out of 0-3 month clothes and has moved into 3-6 month outfits and size 2 diapers.
He loves to smile and the other day was so happy that he had trouble nursing because he kept pulling off to smile at me.  How fun is that.
He is completely tolerant of Abigail.  All day she loves to touch him, grab at him, hold him and hug him.  I do my best to make sure I am on hand for each and everyone of these interactions since I have to keep an eye on how rough these loving sessions are.

Abigail

Oh my girl, how are you almost two.  She has grown up so much this past month.  Her hair is longer, her speech is better, and her attitude has escalated.  She is wonderful and super tiring all at the same time.  She has learned in this past month how to take off her clothes and put on new ones, potty training helped with this.  Thus she loves to pick out what she is going to wear.  Most days she wants to wear a dress, or in some cases a skirt and pants.  I am learning that her clothes must be good for twirling to make it a good day.
When you give her something or she hands you something she always says, "your welcome".  For some reason, no matter how much we correct her, she skips over the "thank you" portion of this exchange.
Abigail is potty trained!  This has been quite interesting.  She was ready after months of trying potty training before Ethan was born, she decided once he was here, now she was ready.  I really understand why they say not to potty train with an infant in the house.  There have been many times where I am nursing Ethan and helping her run to the potty at the same time, or Ethan is left crying where he is placed as we run.  Regardless of the extra excitement both kids are doing great with this and as we use cloth diapers this mother is very excited to be doing diaper laundry for one.
When I go in to get Abigail in the morning, I always greet her with a big Good Morning as I open her curtains.  Now whenever we get her up from bed she always gives us a "Morning" greeting, even if it is the middle of the afternoon after her nap.  I love how she picks up on these things.

2 comments:

heather said...

you are such a WONDERFUL, SUPER momma!!! Ethan and Abigail are SO lucky to have you and Josh....what beautiful babes you have!

mother said...

They are beautiful children, even if they weren't my grandchildren! and Ethan is filling out that pumpkin seat so much he may outgrow it soon. I smile to think of Abigail twirling around the house in her skirts. I'm glad you cherish every day of this tiring time. It passes like a flash, believe me.