October 8, 2012

A Project For Me

Most of the time that I talk about painting/wood projects on the blog they are Josh's.  But recently I got to work on one of my projects, and it was fun.
 It started with an idea I had for two old picture frames we have had for many, many years.
 If you remember Josh painted our new shoe rack and bench blue.  I thought if I was going to put these frames up around the basement the blue would be a good pictures to pick since it would spread the color around the room a bit.  
 Once I painted both of the frames I went on to paint the plywood Josh cut for me with chalkboard paint.  I had heard, and seen, the idea of using chalkboard paint for awhile now and was excited to give it a try for myself.  Once they were put together I thought they looked great but the big test was still to come.
We put these two frames to test by letting Abigail have a go at them.  The big frame will be for her and the small one will go over the phone for notes and messages.  As for the test, this project passed with flying colors.  I love the idea that Abigail can draw on the board but the chalk doesn't draw well on other things in the house and if it does get on things it washes off well, perfect.

4 comments:

heather said...

such a wonderful project...i've been wanting to do this for years now.....i'm so glad you got to it!! very cute!

Anonymous said...

Looks really good. Where did you put the big chalkboard?

mother said...

Looks really good. Where did you put the big chalkboard?

Anonymous said...

Kathleen, you have the most creative ideas! Love your blog and pictures. carol