October 25, 2010

Thoughts Regarding A Birthing Class

Josh and I attended a two day birthing class over the weekend.  The following are just a few of our thoughts:

Kathleen:  A girl in our class attended on Sat. and then went into labor that night.  By the time our class was over the next day she had her baby boy.  I was jealous.
Josh:  Class was good but I didn't really need to see other people giving birth to babies.
Kathleen:  Yes, the average time to labor is 16 hours, lets push for less than 10.  Any chances I can pull that off?
Josh:  Our instructor was very animated and the classroom chairs were really uncomfortable.
Kathleen:  There are a lot of positions and ways to labor and the best thing is to do what feels best, not what looks best.  Just don't labor on your back in bed.
Josh:  It was very informative and it was very fun to see the little baby girl in the hospital nursery.
Kathleen:  Wow, this labor is going to bring a lot of pain.

2 comments:

mother said...

Men are from Mars, women are from Venus. Thus, we view life's experiences from very different point of view, don't we????

heath said...

you didn't put my favorite one:
Josh--I didn't realize I was going to have to take days off work after labor to recover! ;)