July 22, 2010

Knitting Woes

Ever since I started to knit I have dreamed of the day when I would be expecting my own child and could spend 9 months of knitting little hats, blankets, sweaters and such.  But here I am 5 months pregnant and I have been stuck working on an adult hat that I started back in March. 

The pattern looked great, I was excited and got started, then I reached the point where I should start decreasing and I got stuck.  I have knitted and ripped out the top of this hat a ton of times and I can't seem to move on to a different project until I finish this silly hat.

This might seem like a silly problem but I have even dreamed of this hat and the fact that it would end all of my desires to ever knit again.

So today I decided I was just going to do the best I could and finish it.  If the hat turned out terrible I would use it to do yard work and not give it as the present it was originally intended for 4 months ago.

All I can say is I am really ready to bind this one off and cast on with some baby soft knits for some really cute pants I have a pattern for. 

Sometimes having been taught not to give up can really be a pain in the butt and I will have a silly looking hat to prove it, hopefully before long.

1 comment:

hxriley said...

okay i'm glad you're done..and i'm sure the unmentionable person that you are making this for ;) is glad too! no one wants you to worry, and hate a project...but we ALL want to see cute little baby clothes...esp a skirt like you made your niece!