July 27, 2010

Enjoying the Benefits

Whenever I plant anything I have extreme doubts of whether that particular seed or plant is going to make it.  This year as I planted our first garden at home I really felt that way since so much of what I planted I had started from seedlings inside during the cold winter months.
But now the end of July we are starting to really reap the benefits of having a wonderful garden right outside!
The other night mother and I picked broccoli, zucchini, yellow squash, snap peas, swiss chard, green beans and lettuce.  How rich a feeling it was!

3 comments:

lindajo said...

YUMMY:)

mother said...

What a JOY it was to dig around under the leaves and discover such treasures! Thanks for letting me reap what you had sown, my dear. I am actually ready to cook up some fresh stir fry for your lunch. ;-)

hxriley said...

how WONDERFUL!! and what GREAT pics of you and mother! everything looks delish....you are an amazing gardener and I'm still so happy your 'garden dream' has literally come to fruit! Love you!