The first day of 2010 I wrote out some of my goals on the blog. I thought I would end this year by looking back at those goals and seeing just how things worked out.
Kathleen's Goals for 2010
(in no particular order)
1. Pay off our Jeep
We did this in the spring, what a wonderful feeling.
2. Go on a trip/vacation out of state with Josh in the fall
No big trip in the fall, we did go to Kansas and Colorado in June, but having a baby changed these plans.
3. Use my dinner calendar all 12 months and plan our meals ahead so that we can remain content at our current food budget
I did use the calendar all 12 months, maybe not all of ever month but it was an improvement.
4. Work daily at being a supportive wife to Josh
I feel our marriage is going strong but this goal, like several of them, will be a goal every year.
5. Side our house this summer and be able to insure it by fall
It is now green, beautiful, and insured. How wonderful.
6. Trust God's direction, don't just accept it
This year has us giving ourselves back into God's hands over and over.
7. Keep our financial goals in mind when evaluating all purchases and steadily work towards being debt free.
To not go into too much detail, this is going really well but is still a work in progress.
8. Be content
Yes, but please don't confuse this with me becoming complacent.
9. Have a kitchen with a sink by Christmas 2010
It was in by Thanksgiving and is wonderful.
10. Be open to using our house to bless whomever needs it
We have had a lot of people in and out of our home this year and it was been wonderful to share.
11. Live less selfishly and with more humility
Still working on this but I think I will my entire life.
12. Enjoy The Davis Family Reunion (this one should be easy to accomplish since all of the tickets have been bought, yeah)
This was a wonderful vacation and will always be remembered with great big smiles and positive memories. Looking forward to the next one.
How about you? How did your goals for 2010 work out?