November 19, 2009

Constant Companions

The weather here in Fairbanks has been between -8 and -25 degrees this week and for some reason I can not seem to warm up enough lately. Not really sure what I am going to do when winter really hits with our -50 temps later this winter. The few things that help me out this problem have become my constant companions.
~
First are pants from Ibex. For my birthday in June my mother-in-law gave me the gift of something Ibex. I found these pants on an amazing sale at that time because it was June and I was all geared up to buy wool pants. Excitedly I put in my order and when they arrived I wore them for all of 5 minutes. Wow they were too warm. I thanked mom K and put them in my dresser. Well they have now come out and I can not be more thankful. They are great. The nylon outside keep the wind and cold air from coming through the pants and the wool lining is just heavenly all day long! Thank you so much mom K. these are the best!!
The second item that is pretty much on me at all times as well are these shoes from Merrell. Last year when I was in Texas in February all of the winter gear was on sale at REI. When my dad and I were there he saw these shoes and was sure they would be great. I just wasn't too sure. I was concerned that the low backs on the shoes would let in snow and they would be too tight with wool socks but he was sure they would work and with being on sale he bought them for me. Well dad, you were right. These shoes are amazing. I wear them pretty much every single day with wool socks and my feet are great. When the cold cold weather arrives I will wear my sorel boots but for now these are the best for getting me where I need to go.

So here we are mid-November and the dark cold days of winter are arriving here in Fairbanks. But I am so very thankful for the warm clothing that has been given to me that is keeping me warm.

1 comment:

hxriley said...

Amen to things like wool and great shoes that keep you warm in this.....I have a new appreciation for wool clothes and SOCKS since moving up here.....God Bless the Sheep!