July 15, 2009

Way Back Wednesday

I will never forget the day in July two years ago when I came home to see the beam in place.
Our roof over our living room is a 12x12 pitch which means we couldn't use trusses but instead used joists to form the roof. For the first time the flat box became more of a house.
Yet because the roof was so steep Josh and his dad had to rope into harnesses in order to sheet the roof and then lay out the tar paper.
Ahh, for the first time all summer we had one part of the house that would stay dry from the rain!

2 comments:

hxriley said...

You have memories from your house that people who BUY will never have. I think it's perfect! Thanks for sharing from YOUR perspective....and I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR HAIR!

Anonymous said...

It is still AMAZING (isn't that the word of the day????) to see this house 'in person' while I recognize the pictures of its progress these past 2 years...