July 29, 2009

A Not So Relaxful Sick Day

Yesterday I had an unexpected day off. My illness, not really sure what to call it so I guess I can just stick with Paul's description and call it my thorn in my flesh, hit me in the early hours of the morning and prevented me from making it to work. With just one car to get both Josh and me to work by the time I was able to get up Josh had left and had started his day. So I was left with an unexpected day at home and I decided to make the most of it.
I did several loads of laundry.
Painted and hung three more interior doors
Cooked dinner for six, cleaned the house, finished some tiling (pictures to come soon) and took care of countless little projects that have needed attention around the house. Although it wasn't the way I wish to spend my vacation time from work I believe it was a good day with so much being accomplished. Always thankful for unexpected blessing.

1 comment:

hxriley said...

wait....a sick day and YOU DO ALL THIS WORK??? you crazy woman!!! i'm excited to read more to see who the lucky people were that got to dine w/ you guys!